The Polworth fleece, which I acquired recently, was quite dirty so it needed a good wash. It’s amazing how much dirt came out of that fleece during the three washes I gave it. It’s important to use hot water for washing and not to agitate the wool. The results were good.
My husband very kindly made me a lovely drying rack so I could dry the fleece in the garden in the sunshine.
Next I needed to card the fleece and that is a work in progress. I was anxious to try spinning it to make sure I was carding it properly and after a few goes I think I’ve got the hang of it. I’ll leave that to a future post. Suffice to say that I will probably have enough to make a pretty shawl so now I’m looking around for patterns.
Have a lovely day in the sunshine if you can.